Friday, August 31, 2007

Fear Not

One of the blessings of crisis is the revelation of God's love. In the midst of tribulation and distress, God quiets our hearts with His love (Zephaniah 3:17). God never ever removes His love from us, and if we will keep our faces turned to Him, we can learn more about His unfailing love. Just ask Him to show you His love, in new and fresh ways that you've never experienced. Last night I had a dream about my earthly father who passed away less than a year ago. He was holding me and loving me and listening to all my struggles. I know God gave me this dream to reveal the security that comes from His love; something I have not known in the natural, God is teaching me in the supernatural.

1 John 4;18 says "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love."

God's love will perfect our love toward Him, and when our love is perfected, all fear is cast out. There is no room left for fear because God's love fills us up. To the degree that I love Him, to that degree fear no longer has room in my soul. I feel safe, secure, cherished....... and it's so much easier to trust Him in the storm.

No comments: