Sunday, September 2, 2007

Baby Face


Here is a sonogram of Isaac's face. It may be hard to make out, but it's a shot of his face looking straight on, and his right hand is beside his cheek. My favorite part though, is his mouth. It looks like it's open and he is smiling! :)
I feel like I'm the queen of sonograms with this pregnancy. I've had six so far. One at 8 weeks following a car accident; another at 12 weeks to confirm the pregnancy with my new OB; one at 16 weeks to allow a friend and her ultrasound class to practice 2nd trimester scans on a real pregnant subject; then another a week later with Dr. Edwards, Albany's only perinatalogist, to check for genetic abnormalities because I'm over 35; the routine 20 week sonogram at the OB (this one was my favorite, because Bo was with me, and the technician wanted to practice her 4D scanning because I was her only patient that morning....favor!); and another with Dr. Edwards to follow up and get better pictures of the heart (my friend Stephanie went with me to this one, she is friends with Dr. Edwards and I thought her presence might lighten the mood...Dr. Edwards is very technical and serious and is lacking warm bedside manner. Together we tried to crack him but it didn't work. He told me to be more careful in my choice of friends! :)
I have yet another sonogram next week, at 28 weeks, to check on my placenta. It was low-lying and they want to make sure it's moved out of the way to allow delivery. Can't wait to see my little man again!

No comments: