Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Isaac


My sweet baby Isaac turned one year old Saturday. My darling newborn has grown into an independent toddler and I couldn't be more proud. Bo and I have always had big celebrations for our babies' first birthdays. Reaching the milestone of twelve months outside the womb is a big deal for me. Even more than my other sons, this child's birthday has humbled me. I ponder the events of Isaac's birth and there is a weightiness in my heart that did not accompany my other deliveries. I am thankful that Isaac survived the pregnancy, delivery, and his first year. Not all babies do. I feel incredibly blessed that Bo and I have brought four healthy children into this world. God's hand was on every delivery. I know I must have childbirth angels assigned to me because there were complications with every one, either with the baby or me. So, as I celebrate Isaac's first birthday, my heart is tender and I am very aware of God's grace and protection over me and my family. Not having Bo here to share this important day was hard too, but he was able to call. We will celebrate again when Bo gets home for Christmas.

Happy Birthday peanut. Mommy loves you.

No comments: