Monday, May 11, 2009

My sweet babies

My kids were so great to me yesterday. Joshua woke up early to help take care of Isaac while I rested. When Noah woke up the first words out of his mouth were "Happy Mother's Day!", and he continued to give me kisses all through the day. We all piled onto my bed and Isaac toddled in with my Mother's Day card, signed sweetly by everyone. Next was a pretty pink wrapped square box with a lovely cross necklace. I love it!

Wait....I'll take and post a picture of it...

Okay, just took it....

Here you go...




Isn't it sweet?

Some dark chocolate from Caleb, and then they all went into the kitchen to make me DELICIOUS CINNAMON BLUEBERRY PANCAKES FROM SCRATCH!!!! Man, they were awesome!

Then my babies went to work on my big gift.....a nicely manicured lawn! Joshua cut the grass, Noah picked up the toys, Caleb trimmed the hedges and weed-????--eated? weed-ate???? How the heck do you say that word in past tense??? Caleb ate the weeds. Anyway, then they climbed up on the roof and blew off all the pine straw, so now when I approach the driveway I don't think "oh, that's so bad, the pine straw is going to trap moisture from the rain and it's going to damage the roof and there are going to be more leaks and I can't even get the roofer here to fix the leaks I already have....stress...money....". Now I just go "ahhhhhh". I'm so pleased with the beautiful yards that I'm willing to not flip out over the boo-boo that happened to Petra as Joshua dropped the ladder from the roof. Yes, Petra is wounded. Think she needs stitches but she'll have to tough it out until Joshua coughs up some dough.

I am proud of my children. I feel blessed to be their mother. God has entrusted me with four awesome assignments. I hope my beautiful sons always know how much their mom/mommy loves them. I look forward to many Mother's Days of love.

No comments: