Thursday, May 7, 2009

Virginia, Part Two

Ok, where was I....oh yeah....the park. We went back Sunday and took a stroll. Here's some pics....




Sunday evening was hard because we had to say goodbye. More tears from everyone but Noah, who pleasantly commanded a "group hug!", and Isaac, who was sleeping. It broke Bo's heart to leave each of his children, but he said he couldn't have stood any more pain if Isaac had been awake, reaching for daddy, when it was time to go back to the VA.

Joshua and I decided to drive through the night back to Atlanta. I wasn't crazy about it, but I thought it might make the trip easier on the babies, you know, thinking that they might, you know, SLEEP! I think they got a few hours in, until Noah woke up crying because he suddenly had to pee immediately, as in pull over on the road and let the child go in the grass, and then again when Isaac whined for an hour before I realized he had a huge poopie diaper that required a 3am changing in the car at a truck stop off the interstate. Oh, the joys of traveling.

But, when I see this image of my beautiful peaceful slumbering angel....

....I think it wasn't so bad after all.

No comments: