Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Jesus our Rescuer

Watch this video then come back.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyjWUJ4Vels

I think this worship dance very adequately portrays God's power and willingness to rescue us from storms that threaten to overwhelm us. While I am not crazy about the little dance at the end (only because it's two men), the rest of the interaction between the man and Jesus really ministers to me. The dance team was very creative in interpreting various movements that illustrate how Christ rescues His people. I believe His deliverance is just like that. We have differing degrees of "neediness" during our life on Earth. At times we need to be pulled out of something by His loving arms, other times completely carried in them. I can relate to all the interaction, but especially being held in God's arms while completely lifeless. Years ago, God showed me that this was my spiritual state. In this vision I was absolutely non-responsive, as in dead, and Jesus was weeping over me. This revelation was confusing to me; I responded "I'm not dead!", but the Holy Spirit revealed to me that there were parts of my heart that definately were dead (and He wanted access to!), and through surrender, counsel, and healing God gloriously revived those parts of my life.

This past Sunday I participated in a bible study on Matthew 5, The Beatitudes. The first one we discussed was being "poor in spirit" which means that we recognize and acknowledge our need for God. It brings such a blessed freedom to admit that we need a Rescuer. To confess our need for One who sees and knows all and has the power to deliver us from circumstances that are too big for us to handle on our own.

Lord Jesus, you are my Rescuer.

No comments: