Thursday, August 21, 2008

Blessings and Loss

My heart is broken for an Albany family that lost their sweet baby girl to spinal meningitis yesterday. She'd been in the church nursery Sunday night, showed symptoms and was rushed to Atlanta (Egelston) Monday, and passed away yesterday. Her name was Madeline. She was seven months old. Here is her obituary. Her sweet picture is there. Please pray for the family. I don't know them personally but I feel so sad for the absence I'm sure they must feel. When my friend Belinda lost her baby at eighteen months, she said she felt God's peace the entire time. That makes me feel better, but I know they will have some dark days ahead, too.


On a brighter note, my friend Sudana is bringing little Israel into the world today. She has been at 4 cm for over a week! I wish I could be there, and take pictures of the little son that they have longed to hold for many years. Here is her with Isaac.....


No comments: