Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Petra is home

My car has finally been repaired from the accident I had Father's Day weekend. The insurance company took two months to finally "conclude their investigation". Apparantly the guy who hit me had been using his truck for work purposes, and was hauling wood or something in the trailer that caused him to lose control. I thought the insurance folks were trying to find a way to deny coverage all around, but just as I started getting estimates on my own to file through my carrier, they sent a check. So, I dropped off my wounded Petra for a week's worth of repairs. In the meantime, I drove this....





A Jeep Commander, very cool. Three sunroofs. The babies had sunroofs. Three row seating, too. That was awesome, all that room.


So anyway, I have my Petra back home safe and sound. She is the proud receiptient of a brand new window, mirror, and door. Charlie's Paint and Body Shop did a great job. Everyone was friendly and all my questions about the insurance were patiently answered. They painted the door three times to get the right shade and blend with the rest of the car. The car's been washed and vacuumed. Yea, Charlie is great. He even licked my toes every time I was there. Here's Charlie....





No comments: