Saturday, August 16, 2008

Treasures

Today my friend Stephanie and I had a garage sale. Last night after we set everything up, we prayed over our stuff and asked God to bring the people who needed what we had to sell. We ended up doing very well.... selling lots of stuff, having a smooth and hastle-free morning (except for a brief sprinkling), enjoying mild weather, and talking with lots of people. The greatest blessing to me, though, was hearing these comments from my "customers"......

"You have it? This was just what I was looking for"....

"I used one of these when I taught school and now my daughter is teaching and needs one...."

"My mother-in-law has this and I've been wanting one too"........

"My church is studying this book, I've been buying them whenever I can find them"......

"This is perfect for my granddaughter's first birthday party. It's the exact colors we need. I'll put it on the table right in front of her"......

"How much is that? I've been looking for one"......

"My grandson has been wanting one of these to use at kindergarden"....

"You have three of them? Perfect for my grandchildren, they are 2, 4, and 6. They can all three play together"......

"My friend's son keeps borrowing mine. I'm going to get this for him so he can have his own".......

"I want to come back and buy the whole box".....

"My cousin needs these, I'm getting them for her".......

I absolutely loved seeing so many people happy with their "little surprises" (what Noah calls it when I pick up something for him at a garage sale). It was sweet to see them smiling as they held their treasures and walked down the driveway. I felt blessed to be a blessing.

No comments: