Friday, October 17, 2008

Birthday Joys

Today I celebrated the first day of my thirty-ninth year. My last year as a thirtysomething! I had a great day.


This morning Bo, Isaac, and I went to the pumpkin patch, and while there, God gave me a pumpkin! You see..... our family has this thing, we find money. We find money in strange places. Not dollar bills. 20 dollar bills (in Noah's sock drawer). 50 dollar bills (in a pile of wood in the garage). 100 dollar bills (floating across the street, landing in Bo's hand). I kid you not! Well, today while at the pumpkin patch, I was looking for a patch of shade to take Bo and Isaac's picture, and as we squatted on the ground, we found a ten dollar bill wadded up in the grass. (Heather, are you reading this? :) So, we picked out our pumpkin, and took the ten dollars to the clerk! There was even enough left for boiled peanuts and tea.


Thank you God for my birthday pumpkin. I love it.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SHUT UP.


LOLOLOL!
I am laughing out loud. seriously.

you have shared probably 15 different times that things like this have happened to you in the last 3 years i've known you- never ever ceases to amaze me.

lol

how wonderful his mercies toward us.

how awesome is our God