Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Do

During a walk, Noah and I had an interesting conversation:



Noah: "Is God married?"


Me (think, think, think): "No, honey, God isn't married, but we are engaged to His son"


Noah: "What?"


Me: "Well, the people who love God will marry Jesus when we get to heaven"


Noah laughs: "I can't marry Jesus. I'm just a boy"


Me (think, think, think): "Yea, well, it's a little different, Jesus loves us like a groom loves his bride"


Noah: "So when we get to heaven, boys will kiss boys?"


Me (God, help me explain this!) : "No, baby, God uses the symbol of marriage to tell us that's how much He loves us, and the whole church will be the Bride of Christ that marries Jesus"


Noah, silence.


Me: "What do you think?"


Noah, lifts up his index finger, turns to it and asks "what do you think, finger?"


Noah and finger "Happy."


1 comment:

Calvin Bottoms said...

I love discussing theology with children. My oldest daughter once asked me, "Does everyone have to wear a white dress in God's town?"