Monday, February 16, 2009

Oklahoma Part Two

Okay, if you're still there hanging with me......

Isaac and I woke up Wednesday after a fairly peaceful night's sleep. He woke up once and ended up in the bed with me, confused about where he was, but willing to
initiate a sweet kiss to poor mom, in essence saying "thanks Mom for taking care of me without basic baby necessities, I know this is hard". We drove to the post and I got my first glimpse of Lawton in the daylight. Hmmm, Oklahoma is very brown. Flat and brown, no green anywhere. No leaves or shrubs, just dirt. Mountains in the distance. They're brown too. Fort Sill was awesome. I had to go through two security gates and was directed to the Inn where the Family Day events were being held. All the families of the graduating soldiers were there, buying t-shirts, ordering graduation DVDs, milling around, waiting to see loved ones. We were welcomed by the battalion commander and "briefed' by the platoon commander. They'd put together a demonstration of all the training and that was neat. I took pics but the lighting was awful so they're pretty dark. Finally, the platoons entered in dress uniforms and were released to their families until 9pm that evening. It was a sweet reunion for us and Isaac went to Bo right away.

What?

Getting tired here....

Mama

Demonstration

Push ups

Daddy! I like your shiny buttons

So glad to see him!Real army men push baby strollers

Bo's army ring


Showing us the barracksThe bay

The end of a great day. See the mountains?

No comments: