Monday, February 23, 2009

Things I've Done......

I received this "Things I've Done" poll from my new friend and fellow army wife Megan. The object was to bold all of the the things on this list that I had DONE. I love these little surveys because it helps people get to know a bit more about each other. So here are my humble responses and I am tagging everyone reading this to do it too. Copy and paste and send back to me through an email or post on your own blog and send me the link!

Started your own blog

Slept under the stars (lots of Girl Scout camping trips)

Played in a band (I played flute and saxophone in my high school band and church orchestra)

Visited Hawaii (I've been twice, both times while I was working for Delta and got free passes. The first trip was a vacation with my parents, I got them "parent passes" and told them we'd go anywhere they wanted. The second trip was my honeymoon. I enjoyed it so much the first time I wanted to go back.)

Watched a meteor shower (Bo would never let me miss something like this.)

Given more than you can afford to charity (Bo and I made a pledge during a church campaign to witness the gospel, I raised the money by selling stuff in a consignment sale.)

Been to Disneyland/world (I was born in Orlando so I got to know Minnie Mouse at an early age.)

Climbed a mountain (Does Stone Mountain count? If not, I climbed a part of Mount Rainer with my fellow-hiking-and-photography-loving girl friend Vickie. You can still hear the resulting damage in my knee when I bend it :)

Held a praying mantis

Sang a solo (I sang "You Light Up My Life"!)

Bungee jumped (Yes, but strapped in a cage with our buddies the Moodys. I screamed my head off.)

Visited Paris

Watched a lightning storm at sea

Taught yourself an art from scratch

Adopted a child

Had food poisoning

Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty

Seen the Mona Lisa in France

Slept on an overnight train

Had a pillow fight

Hitchhiked (kind of, my car broke down on the interstate and a truck driver gave me a ride before I even had to stick out my thumb)

Taken a sick day when you’re not ill (when I was working full time and going to bible college part time)

Built a snow fort

Held a lamb

Gone skinny dipping

Been to a Broadway show in NY

Ran a Marathon

Been in three states at once

Ridden in a gondola in Venice

Seen a total eclipse

Watched a sunrise or sunset (I LOVE sunsets on the beach.)

Hit a home run (I think I hit one when I played girls softball in high school.)

Been on a Cruise (just a dinner cruise, not the whole thing)

Seen Niagra Falls in Person

Visited the birthplace of your Ancestors

Seen an Amish community (while teaching a dance conference in Ohio)

Taught yourself a new language (sign language)

Had enough money to be truly satisfied (I've learned we don't need as much as we think.)

Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person

Gone rock climbing

Seen Michelangelo’s David (I used to see him all the time in my family's living room. My mom had a miniature statue. My sister and I would be so embarrassed when friends came over, we taped tissues around his waist :)

Sung karaoke

Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt

Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant (There's this guy in Albany named Slappey Slim.....)

Visited Africa (hope to one day)

Walked on a beach by moonlight

Been transported in an ambulance

Had your portrait painted (in New Orleans many years ago, the artist used chalk)

Gone deep sea fishing

Seen the Sistine Chapel in person

Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris

Gone scuba diving or snorkeling (I went scuba diving with a family I babysat for, and snorkeling in Maui with Bo on our honeymoon.)

Kissed in the rain

Played in the mud

Been to Grace Kelley’s grave in Monaco

Gone to a drive-in theater

Been in a movie

Visited the Great Wall of China

Started a business ("Ballet His Way", a Christ-centered dance school)

Taken a martial arts class

Swam in the Mediterranean Sea (almost, the Red Sea)

Visited Russia

Served at a soup kitchen (I'd serve and dance at a place called "SafeHouse" in downtown Atlanta with my friends James and Sue. It was for the homeless. One of the dudes stole the offering :)

Sold Girl Scout cookies (back in the day, you carried the cookies door to door!)

Gone whale watching (with Vickie in Washington, Pugent Sound I think.)

Gotten flowers for no reason

Donated blood, platelets or plasma (no, I pass out when I have blood drawn)

Gone sky diving

Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp

Bounced a check

Saved a favorite childhood toy (I have a few treasures from my grandmother)

Visited the Lincoln Memorial

Eaten Caviar

Pieced a quilt

Stood in Times Square

Toured the Everglades

Been fired from a job

Seen the Changing of the Guards in London

Broken a bone (my ring finger)

Been on a speeding motorcycle (my dad used to take me for rides on his motorcycle, even took me to kindergarten on it!)

Seen the Grand Canyon in person

Published a book

Visited the Vatican

Bought a brand new car

Walked in Jerusalem (awesome!)

Had your picture in the newspaper

Read the entire Bible

Visited the White House

Killed and prepared my own meat (that's disgusting)

Had chickenpox

Saved someone’s life

Sat on a jury

Met someone famous (I met Michael Jackson when he came through the Atlanta airport while I was working there.)

Joined a book club

Lost a loved one (My dad died in 2006.)

Had a baby (yea, I've done this a few times)

Seen the Alamo in person

Swam in the Great Salt Lake

Been involved in a law suit

Owned a cell phone

Been stung by a bee

No comments: