Monday, June 25, 2007

Do It Anyway

Have you ever reached out with God's love only to be rejected? If so, you can identify with Jesus! Read the gospels and see how many times Christ was rejected by the very people He came to save. He came with divine truth and love, and the people said "no, thanks". The religious leaders thought they had more wisdom than the King of Kings. Hmmmm, does someone smell pride? I'm reminded of the prophet Jeremiah, who said "because of Your hand upon me, I stand alone!". Years ago I received great advice from a godly man, "Give people Jesus". When you are pouring into people's lives, make sure you are not giving yourself away, or you'll be setting your heart up for brokenness. Pour God's love, truth, and Word into those He brings into your path. Then know that if someone rejects you, they are really rejecting God. You were just the messenger and God will bless you for your service.
  • People are unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered. Love them anyway.
  • If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish motives. Do good anyway.
  • Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest anyway.
  • The biggest people with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest people with the smallest minds. Think big anyway.
  • What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway.
  • People really need help but may turn against you if you help them. Help them anyway.
  • Give the world the best you have and you may get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you've got anyway -Anonymous

"For if you give, you will get! Your gift will return to you in full and overflowing measure, pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, and running over. Whatever measure you use to give -large or small- will be used to measure what is given back to you." Luke 6:38

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A lot of people that have come onto my path, who I have ignored because they were not in my "circle" and I felt very bad for doing so. Thank you because now I have been told that I need to love them anyway help them even though they are not in my "circle of friends". Thank you!