Saturday, January 12, 2008

Six weeks

Ohmygosh, the second month is so much fun. Isaac's little personality is starting to emerge and we are all having a blast. He gives us morning smiles, the reward for caring for him through the night. He coos and "talks", it is so cute. He is gaining weight; my bathroom scales say he's about thirteen pounds! Amazing that my milk is sustaining a life. He still nurses a lot and is having a growth spurt. I've been giving him two ounces of formula if he wants to eat again after an hour. (Interesting that I don't feel guilty about giving my breastfed baby a bottle.....must be a fourth baby thing).

I went to the OB yesterday for my six week postpartum check up . It seemed strange to be in that office with a flat belly (well, not exactly flat, more like empty!). No baby inside to measure or listen to or see on ultrasound, he is now in my arms. I was filled with gratitude as I contemplated the past ten months. I feel so blessed. I am so thankful that I've been able to birth four children and that God's hand was on me during this pregnancy. I don't take Isaac for granted. I know pregnancy and childbirth are not also easy and uncomplicated. I spoke with a friend Sunday whose sister was a VBAC like me and had a fourteen hour labor like me, but after she delivered her baby her uterus ruptured.


Thank you God for blessing our family with a new son. I give you the glory; Isaac is yours.

No comments: