Monday, January 7, 2008

Snuggle, Part Two

There was reclining on Jesus' bosom one of His disciples,
whom Jesus loved. John 13:22-24

Last week when I posted about Isaac's snuggling, I didn't finish my thoughts. It has to do with the spiritual side of snuggling. God reminded me of this yesterday, through a completely separate experience, so in obedience here is what He showed me:

We are to snuggle up to God just like our babies do with us. We were created and designed by the God of Love to be creatures of love. One of the greatest things we could ever do with our lives is do receive God's love and give it away. We have a place in God...cradled in His arms, on his chest, next to His heart, close to his voice, feeling His breath. We should go there, no just as baby Christians, but every day of our lives, for the tender nurture that He longs to give us. The Word tells us that we learn to trust upon our mother's breast. Isaac doesn't fight me when I hold him close, he relaxes and surrenders to my embrace. That is how I am to be with God my Father. Subjecting myself to His care, being nourished and strengthened by His love. A daily morning dose of this kind of love will carry me through the day!

I hope this was for one of you. Perhaps, like many of us, you weren't held and cradled and cherished in the natural so it seems strange and foreign to receive it in the spiritual. Keep in mind that babies who aren't touched, loved, and held either die or fail to thrive. Well, our spirits need that life-giving nurturing, too. Feed your spirit the love of God. Go to Him with the tender heart of an infant child. It's simple. God loves you. He's not mad at you. He desires to hold you close and pour out sweet Father love all over you.


We know how dearly God loves us, because He has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with His love.
Romans 5:5

No comments: