Saturday, March 8, 2008

My Hero

This is my beautiful friend Stephanie, who proved to be my hero (or is it heroine???), last night. Our two families and a bunch of Joshua's friends gathered at a local restaurant to celebrate his birthday. After dinner I lit candles on his cake and we sang Happy Birthday. I was too far away from the birthday boy so I walked over to him, in the process pushing Isaac's stroller aside with my foot so I could get by. Isaac wasn't strapped in and when I pushed the stroller, it moved away but Isaac slid out. Stephanie was sitting beside him, saw him fall, and caught him by grabbing his arm as he was about to hit the concrete floor! I was completely unaware until I came back to cut the cake. I saw Stephanie cuddling my baby and Bo told me with big bug eyes what had happened . Hopefully Isaac never skipped a beat, but everyone who saw the rescue experienced brief cardiac arrest!

Thank you Stephanie for being an angel to my child last night. You were a rescuer! I am so thankful. I love you.

No comments: