Wednesday, June 11, 2008

New York, New York



My kid landed in New York today.


The past five years or so I've been saying that I wanted to take Joshua to New York his senior year. Well, I guess I spoke it into existence, because he's there! Not with the family like I'd planned, but as a minister of worship. He is a part of the All-State Choir, and is playing drums for the All-State Ensemble. So, I guess you could describe my son as the best drummer from all the Baptist churches in Georgia :) They are touring in Buffalo and Rochester, and even doing a worship concert at Niagara Falls. I really wish I could be there for that one. He took the video camera so hopefully I get a glimpse of what he is experiencing. The band is coming home next Monday. They are flying into Atlanta and doing a final "farewell" concert at a church in Fayetteville. I'll be there for that one.


Please keep our family in your prayers as the children and I and all traveling this weekend. I leave in the morning for Atlanta, with Caleb, Noah, and Isaac. We will visit with my mom and Bo's family, maybe go to our old church, and reconnect with dear friends.


Oh and pray for Joshua too, I know he misses me dearly. You can tell from his tattoo that he's a mama's boy. Funny, that tattoo only lasted one day.....

No comments: