Friday, June 20, 2008

Post-Vacation Chaos

I'm still here! Just been super busy since getting home. I feel like I bounce from one thing to another all day long!

I had the best time in Atlanta. My kids were loved on by everybody and that was a blessing to me. Noah played with friends and cousins the entire time we were there, and Isaac got passed around from one set of loving arms to another. I have many pictures; I'll do another photo story from the weekend.

Although I was busy visiting friends and family the whole weekend, it was a refreshing time for me. I went to church three times!

Sunday morning I went to Christian City Church, a plant from Hillsongs in Australia. Our family attended that church in the summer of 2001, and it was great to be there again. Their church has an interesting vision; I'll share more about that later.

Sunday night was a big treat for me. I checked my email Saturday to see that Kim Clement was doing services that weekend at a church in Conyers. He is a prophet and uses music when he prophesies. I follow him and his prophecies and am very blessed by his ministry. I've always wanted to attend one of his services but he lives in Hollywood and doesn't usually come this far south. So, I went with my mom and Caleb and we all really enjoyed it. I just beamed from ear to ear the whole time, I was so excited to be there. The worship was very passionate and very free and it felt good to be able to dance. The service aired live on the Internet that night and I hope it will be archived soon so I can share it. Here is the church we went to, it was about the size of Albany's civic center.




Monday night was Joshua's All State Choir concert in Fayetteville. It was great. All the kids were exhausted from the trip but they got their second wind and sang and played their little hearts out. Here are two videos I shot on my digital camera. Joshua is on the drums, his friend Chris is playing bass, and his friend Will is one of the ensemble vocalists. The first is 40 seconds if you want to see but don't have much time. The second is three minutes and you'll get to hear Isaac singing along in that one. He was in my lap, yelling to the music, and Noah was asleep on the pew beside me. I tried to get them in the video but couldn't see what I was recording, you'll see when you view it.











I got a call today from the insurance company of the guy that hit me last week. The ball is rolling to get my car fixed. Ironically, the mirror that was knocked off was the same one I'd cracked while attempting to back down my curving driveway and came too close to the limb of a small tree. It needed to be replaced anyway! Here's a photo I took after the accident.


On a final and personal note, please keep my friend Larry and his family in your prayers. He has lung cancer and is praying about treatment. Please pray that the family will hear clearly from God about the right direction to take, and that His perfect peace will reign in their lives. Thanks!

No comments: