Saturday, June 28, 2008

Noah David, My Little Hebrew Boy

Noah had vacation bible school this week. The theme was "Jerusalem Marketplace: A Holy Land Experience". Everyone was placed in a tribe; Noah was in Reuben. The kids learned Jewish culture, including games, foods, language, and dancing! I loved it. They also did a great job explaining Jesus' death and resurrection. Noah came home Thursday with lots of questions and was ready to pray the prayer of salvation!!!! Praise God!

Here is a clip of one of the circle dances the kids did. The step at the beginning is called the "mayim", a traditional Jewish dance step (I teach Jewish dance so I was watching to see if they were going to be authentic!). I think Noah got it once or twice during the dance.

Notice the rabbi in the background on his blackberry.

No comments: