Monday, September 15, 2008

First Tooth!

Isaac got his first tooth today!

Since he was four months old, we've blamed the drooling/fussy/chewing on stuff phases on teething. We've done homeopathic teething drops, Baby Oragel, frozen teething rings, and knobby toys. We attributed his crankiness to what we were sure were impending tooth eruptions. Boy do we feel sheepish. All the false alarms, and now the real thing pops up under the cover of night without any fuss. I wouldn't have even known to look for it, except I felt the spoon scrape across Isaac's gum when I fed him breakfast.

We've been celebrating the tooth all day. All five of us want a peek at the pearly white, but Isaac is being pretty stingy about showing it off. When I try to look in his mouth, he clamps his lips together tight. Maybe it's a little sore. I told him it's okay, we'll wait patiently til he is sleeping, then we can look at the tooth and rub it all we want! Will post a pic when I can get a good shot.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments: