Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Twin Towers

9-11. I remember that morning so clearly. I was living in Winder, Ga and was in the middle of choreographing a dance for a friend's wedding reception that weekend (do you remember where you were? what you were doing?). Bo was home because he worked evening shift and summoned me to the playroom to see the news. I saw the second plane hit the second tower. I left heavy-hearted for a ballet class, and we all were so subdued. I remember crying and praying and feeling that as bad as it was, it could have been a lot worse. I love hearing the stories about people who were supposed to be in the towers, but were delayed or absent for different reasons, like the guy who spilled coffee on his shirt and ran home to change.

Noah learned about 9/11 in kindergarten today. Here is the story from a five year old's point of view......

No comments: