Monday, September 8, 2008

I feel your pain....

Isaac had his nine month check up. Now that he is in day care, he is exposed to more things so I decided to begin his immunizations. His doctor has been patient with me about delaying vaccines and she was very pleased. He got the first round of shots, five shots. I got one shot. Not on purpose, though. Two nurses were one either side of the baby, sticking each leg at the same time. In the commotion of all the injections from them and the comforting from me, my arm entered the direct path of Isaac's needle. The nurse apologized and gave me a Dora band-aid.

Then we go to the lab for a blood draw. Yikes! Two more nurses, holding Isaac's arm down, while they collect blood for a lead test. He screamed to high heavens while I kissed his angry red tear-streaked face.

We were ready to get out of there! Enough with the needles! Isaac was asleep before we made it home. Poor baby. Poor mommy.










No comments: