Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I've Been Had

I am the victim of identity theft. My credit card information was compromised online and some creep stole my money. They used my bank account to charge $564.00 to Verizon, probably paying some huge overdue bill or getting a fancy new phone (or two!). My bank is filing a claim for me to get re-reimbursed but needed a police report since stealing more than $150.00 is a felony. So I marched downtown to the incredibly expensive law enforcement building, complete with sculptures and a museum (while our crime rate is sky high....hmmm.....could we perhaps have redirected some of those funds????). I spoke with a detective and said,

Find the thief.
They committed fraud.
I want to press charges.

Throw the book at them.
Hunt them down like a low down dirty dog.

Joshua suggested that I get them to loan me a gun and a badge and just let me track them down myself :) Yea, give me the stuff and I'll need a police car too. Do you have one with a car seat? I'll bring it all back next week.

2 comments:

mrsstrickland said...

AW MAN!! That stinks!! I am so sorry! Hopefully Verizon can tell you who used the card! I hope they get it back for you!

Anonymous said...

oh that's horrible april! i am praying for fast relief!

heard bo is staying in... so glad to hear from him. i'll see you friday. love....