Tuesday, May 15, 2007

123 God Avenue

I am doing a Max Lucado bible study led by my sweet friend Stephanie. It's a workbook with daily lessons, and today Max taught on Acts 17:28, "In him we live and move and have our being". This means that God doesn't just want us with Him, but that He wants us to dwell in Him. Like He is our house, and we live inside. Have you ever thought of God this way? As a place to dwell? John 14:23 says "If people love me, they will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and and make our home with them." I love it. Thinking about God this way makes our relationship more personal. He is more that the Almighty Creator of heaven and earth, He is the place where I can live. It makes me feel secure and relaxed just picturing God totally surrounding me, His love and joy and provision filling every room. And since God is love and perfect love drives out fear, then there is perfect peace, too. I hope you know this kind of presence as well. God wants you under His roof now and always. He wants to be your mailing address, your home. No need to even pack your bags to move in.....God already has, and is, everything we need.

No comments: