Thursday, December 27, 2007

Merry Christmas

A little late, but MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!! Hope everyone had a blessed day and were able to give the birth of our Savior the quiet reflection that it deserves. Having a new baby at Christmas is a constant reminder for me of baby Jesus. I have been thinking about what it must have been like for Mary, making that long uncomfortable trip on a donkey while full term. And not having a room to give birth...how did she feel about delivering in a stable? I wonder if Joseph held her hand, helped her push... did he catch the baby? There were no epidurals back then so I can relate to the pain she surely endured. But, what I've comtemplated most of all is what it must have been like for Jesus, to have laid aside His glory to come to us as an infant. Surely He must have known who He was even as a newborn, and to be willing to humble Himself to the basic needs of a baby amazes me. If He was cold, He let Himself be cold. If He needed a diaper change, He waited to be changed. If He was hungry, He cried for Mary's breast. He could have met His own needs, He was God. But He willingly surrendered so much so that we could be redeemed. Thank you Baby Jesus for Your amazing love.


Here's what God gave me for Christmas.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is SO cute!
I have been praying for you..and I am very glad that you had a wonderful Christmas! I hope that you have a safe move whenever you do...and that Issac continues to be a blessing.
Merry Christmas Mrs. April
Love,
PrisCilla Holland