Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Mighty To Save

The Lord your God is with you;
He is mighty to save. Zephaniah 3:17

O Lord my God, I cried out to you for help and you restored my health. Psalms 30:2

Women will be saved through childbearing. 1 Timothy 2:15

During and following Isaac's birth, I hemorrhaged twice. After the first time, my doctor ordered two medicines to make my uterus contract. My nurse failed to give them to me, resulting in more blood loss. When I first stood up to go to the bathroom, I passed out. Bo carried me back to the bed where two nurses worked on me; giving me the meds I should have received two hours earlier, making me smell ammonia to wake up, taking my blood pressure, drawing blood to see how much I'd lost. My hemoglobin went from 12 to 8. My blood pressure the next day was 98 over 52. In spite of this complication and the neglect of my medical care, God was with me. He protected me. He spared my uterus, and perhaps even my life. My recovery has been slow because of low blood count, heavy bleeding, and clots. My OB wanted to do a D &C, but agreed to give me another week to heal on my own. God has healed me. My energy is returning and my blood is back to normal.
This Christmas, I am thankful. I am thankful for my new baby. I am thankful for God's protection of my body. I am thankful He spared my fertility. I am thankful that I did not need surgery. I am thankful for my healing.
My God is mighty to save.

No comments: