Thursday, April 3, 2008

More conversations with Noah



Isaac is teething. He drools and chews on his hands, his shirt, his blanket, my hair, anything he can get his sweet little chubby hands around. He wants to be held and nursed a lot for comfort. This morning I rocked him to sleep and laid him in his crib to nap while I took a shower. I heard a knock on the bathroom door. It's Noah....


Me: Yes?


Noah: Baby.


Me: Okay, I'll be there in a minute.


Noah: I tried to give him his suckee but it fell out and he's just screaming.


Me: Okay, Noah, thanks for trying. I'll........


Noah interrupts: I don't know what to do. I'm not a mommy.


Noah leaves and goes back to playing his video game in the living room. I hop out of the shower, throw a towel around me and rush through the house half dressed to rescue my peanut from teething pain. Noah sees me.


Noah: A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.


No comments: