Monday, April 7, 2008

My Roly Poly

The other day, Heather called Isaac a "roly poly". A typical chubby Chapel baby. (Noah was my only average size baby.) Although Isaac was born the smallest of the four, you can see he is filling out quite well! One reason for all the rolls is his nursing technique. He breastfeeds from one breast per feeding, so he gets "hindmilk" at every feed, the milk that causes babies to feel full and is richest in fat and calories. Anyway, back to roly poly. He really is a roly poly. He balls up. Sometimes I lay him down asleep and he's balled up. His legs are drawn up and his head curls down. I can lift him in the air and shake him side to side and he'll ball up (do all babies do this?). I love my roly poly baby.

Oh, and I love roly polies, too. I use to collect them from my grandmother's flower beds and keep them in baby food jars. Sweet memories.

No comments: